The LA.Store User Guide is for consumers and provides information about buying and/or launching apps from the store.
The install process is very simple:
- Open your favorite browser and go to https://liveapps.center/store/
- Scroll down until you see “Download LA.Store for ...” your operating system and click on the orange button to start the download. It will take only a few seconds since the size of LA.Store setup is very small (8-16 Mb).
- Extract the contents of the downloaded file.
- Start LA.Store Setup. Note: On Linux you may have to give execute permissions. On Mac OSX you have to right-click the setup icon and click on Open to give execute permission.
- On the Setup Screen you will have the options to create a Desktop Shortcut and a Start Menu Shortcut.
Click on Desktop Shortcut to install and create a Desktop Shortcut. You can click both buttons to create both shortcuts.
- Install is done and you may exit and delete LA.Store Setup.
To start LA.Store just (double-)click on the LA.Store icon and LA.Store will start and connect to the default App-Store which is LA.Center Public Store.
Note: On Linux, LA.Store depends on libssl-dev for secure communication with the Grid/Cloud. If you don’t see any apps listed in LA.Store, please make sure you have libssl-dev installed.
As you can see in the picture above, the current selected store will list all available apps ordered by name. Each listed app is placed in a gray box with a short description and a launch button at the bottom of the box.
Selecting a Store
LA.Store supports multiple App-Stores and store owners may create multiple public and private stores. To change and browser different App-Stores click on the “Stores” button in the upper right of LA.Store which will open the Store List Dialog.
In this dialog you can search for a store and select it by clicking on the “Select Store” button. If the store is private a password dialog is prompted first.
On installation the default App-Store is LA.Center Public Store. You can change your default store to any other App-Store.
- Select your favorite App-Store.
- Next to the “Stores” button is a small down arrow. Click on it. This will popup a menu.
- Select from the menu -> “Set current Store as Default Store"
Next time when you start LA.Store your default store will be retrieved.
Launching an App
Launching an application is very simple.
- Scroll to the application you want to launch.
- Click on the “Launch” button.
LA.Store is designed to launch Live Applications (Applications that don’t require any installation), but you may also see that some of the listed applications display a “Download” button instead of a “Launch” button. The “Download” button indicates that the application can not be launched and must be installed before you can start it. In such case you can click on the “Download” button to start the download, then extract the contents and follow the installation steps.
LA.Store has the ability to create “Live Shortcuts” on your Desktop or Start Menu which you can use to create shortcuts of your favorite apps and launch them directly without starting LA.Store each time.
Creating a Live Shortcut is very simple.
- Scroll to the application you want to create a shortcut.
- Next to the “Launch” button is a small down arrow. Click on that. This will popup a menu.
- Select from the menu -> “Create Desktop Shortcut” or “Create Start Menu Shorcut"
Thats it. Now you can close LA.Store and launch your application from the Shortcut. No more boxes, no more discs, no more time-consuming installation. Just click and launch.